CMB Recruitment has been exclusively retained by a leading local high-volume manufacturing business to recruit an Electrician to look after repair and maintenance of their multi-site facilities. The business has grown extensively over the past 30 years and would be considered one of Ireland’s real success stories!
To provide an effective maintenance and repair service throughout the Company buildings and facilities to minimise breakdowns and down time and maximise operating efficiencies.
- Carry out an intensive programme of planned preventive maintenance for all Company buildings and utilities.
- Carry out routine maintenance on all Company facilities. A/C, air compressors, fire alarm, emergency lighting, order picker batteries, lights, power, heating, plumbing, joinery etc.
- Full, accurate and timely completion of all maintenance logs, schedules, etc. to comply with Health and Safety legislation and Company, insurance and ISO requirements, etc.
- Contact external contractors as required and accompany/assist them while on site.
- Ensure there are adequate supplies of spares on site for commonly used parts or those with a long lead time.
- Create & continuously update technical files for plant & equipment from liaison with suppliers, operator or own knowledge, etc.
- Carry out daily, weekly and monthly health and safety checks and inspections and takes timely corrective action. Report problems and/or unsafe practices to relevant Supervisor and Health and Safety, together with any recommendations for improvements.
- Carry out all minor mechanical & plumbing, joinery repairs in relation to buildings and utilities, planned and executed in such a way so as to minimise risk or inconvenience to others.
- Carry out modifications to work benches and new equipment as required.
- Follow up on action points agreed on the Health & Safety Improvement Log and by the Health and Safety Committee within the agreed timescales.
- Ensure quality procedures relating to maintenance are followed e.g. Calibration of measuring equipment.
- Minor troubleshooting & maintenance of office equipment if required.
- Review processes, procedures, systems, paperwork, etc. in own area, and make suggestions for improvement.
- Communicate process changes to relevant parties in order that relevant follow up may be carried out, e.g. training.
- Ensure full and timely reporting of all major breakdowns, significant problems, repair requirements, delays or machine down time to relevant personnel.
- Liaise with customers and suppliers as necessary to clarify technical details and overcome problems.
- P.A.T testing.
- Install electrical work.
- Time served electrician, 17th edition
- Experience of working as a Facilities Technician would be beneficial, carrying out repairs to all building facilities
- P.A.T. testing experience
- Minor plumbing experience
- Minor joinery experience
- Electrical Installations
- Electrical qualification
- Relevant mechanical engineering qualification e.g. NVQ, ONC, OND, Engineering
- Experience of inspections and testing
Salary & Benefits
The salary on offer for the successful Electrician is between £22,000 & £24,000 per annum plus overtime when available.
7am to 3pm – Monday to Friday only!!