Working Hours: 3pm to 11pm, Monday to Friday
The company employ over 1000 people at multiple Co Antrim locations and have grown consistently over the past 20 years. They are very much the UK market leader in their industry!
They are seeking to fill a number of roles, as part of their continued expansion!
The post holder will have overall responsibility for the day-to-day supervision of designated teams to ensure the timely manufacture, despatch and delivery of product within budgeted and planned cost, quality and time parameters.
• Plan and co-ordinate, in conjunction with the other Supervisors as required, the timely manufacture or despatch of product within your designated teams to achieve your team objectives and balanced scorecard Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as determined by management.
• To ensure effective, safe, accurate and timely stock management.
• Be responsible for ensuring that the quality of the product and service within your area is maintained at the highest possible standards for the customer.
• Ensure ISO 9001 (2008) controls and procedures are strictly adhered to.
• Meet weekly departmental/team quality targets.
• Carry out random quality inspections and ensure full checks are made on all remakes/ repairs/ special orders, etc.
• Implement the company’s Health and Safety Policy, ensuring safe working conditions and practices within your area of responsibility (e.g. manual handling, use of PPE, safe use of machinery and equipment, stacking & storage, etc.).
• Carry out health & safety audits and inspections as required. Record & report findings and take, or follow-up on, relevant corrective action.
• Ensure that a high standard of general housekeeping is maintained on a ‘clean as you go basis’.
• Liaise with the maintenance team to ensure preventive, breakdown and specialist maintenance of all machinery and equipment within your area, ensuring that all maintenance schedules and records are updated accordingly.
• Effective forward planning to ensure departmental actions under the New Product Development Process (NPDP) are completed on time and within budget.
• Overall responsibility for all aspects of the effective supervision, training & development and health, safety & welfare of your team.
• Provide strong leadership, direction and mentoring, thereby fostering and sustaining co-operation and team spirit.
• Work closely with the Process Engineer to review and make practicable improvements to workflow, work processes and efficiencies within own area in line with company and departmental objectives, using balance scorecards. Use recognised business improvement techniques where practicable.
• GCSE Grade C passes to include English & Maths (or equivalent)
• A minimum of 3 years recent, relevant supervisory experience gained within a manufacturing environment.
• Experience of managing teams within tight quality and efficiency parameters.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages and in particular, Excel.
• Qualification in Supervisory Management
• Relevant qualification in production or manufacturing
• Hold a forklift license
• Experience of Quality Systems (preferably ISO 9001 2008)
• Knowledge/application of business improvement techniques
• Experience of employee relations
• Experience of training/developing staff
Please Contact Glenda for further info